Re 9 Highway Cid Next Steps ID: 33641
|Subject:||Re 9 Highway Cid Next Steps|
Dale Brouk is the main contact on the Stacey deal and as soon as he lets me know I'll pass along. The Global Orphan project sale has not yet closed that I'm aware of. Last I knew (late last week) they were getting a phase 1 assessment done. I'll check with them to see what the status is.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: 9 Highway CID Next Steps
|Date:||Wed, October 26, 2016 11:53 am|
|Subject:||RE: 9 Highway CID Next Steps|
From: Stephen Lachky SLachky@parkvillemo.gov
Date: Wed, October 26, 2016 11:53 am
To: "firstname.lastname@example.org " email@example.com
Let me know if the Stacey sale goes through next week, and if you can get a hold of the new property owner(s)' information. Additionally, if you know the current owner of the Global Orphan Project property, that would be helpful for us. Thank you.
From: Stephen Lachky
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 1:49 PM
To: Melissa McChesney
Subject: RE: 9 Highway CID Next Steps
I double-checked the CID Boundary Map with the legal description of the CID boundary and only caught two errors. I've corrected the total acreage and assessed valuation in the full petition and associated signature pages. That said, the Full Petition and Signature Pages are ready to go. A couple things to note:
· Stacey Real Estate LLC is still listed as the property owner of parcel no. 20-7.0-26-100-002-038.00. Transfer of ownership may occur on November 1, 2016. If it does, we'll need to modify the Full Petition and associated Signature Page. I'll ask Mike Kellam to keep us in the loop and help provide us the new property owner(s)' name/title if the sale goes through.
· North Point Fellowship Properties LLC is listed at the property owner of parcels no. 20-7.0-26-100-002-035.000 and 20-7.0-26-100-002-011.004. I heard that transfer of ownership occurred recently earlier this year; therefore, has not shown up on the tax records. We'll need to modify the Full Petition and Associated Signature Page for the current owner. I'll ask Mike Kellam to see if he can provide us the current property owner(s)'s name/title.
· Wallnut Grove Cemetery is a property owner within our CID district boundary; however, we do not have a Signature Page for them to sign.
Stephen Lachky, AICP
Community Development Director | City of Parkville
8880 Clark Ave. | Parkville, MO 64152
t. 816-741-xxxx | firstname.lastname@example.org
|To:||nan johnston, stephen lachky, mike kellam, melissa mcchesney, kirk davis|
|Date:||Monday, October 24, 2016 9:07 PM|
|Subject:||9 Highway CID Next Steps|
From: Lauren Palmer
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2016 9:07 PM
To: Nan Johnston; Stephen Lachky; Mike Kellam; Melissa McChesney; Kirk Davis
Subject: 9 Highway CID Next Steps
Mayor et al,
Ok, I'll try this email again. Sorry for the confusion earlier.
Committee Meeting - Cancelled
I ran into Ed Bradley today at the Hwy 45 - Phase C groundbreaking. He confirmed with Dale Brouk that the property transaction will indeed by final by November 1. With that information, I don't think we need another committee meeting at this time. I suggest that Melissa and Stephen go ahead and start working on the CID packets with the goal to have those ready to print and distribute on November 2. I will send an update email to the committee.
The latest progress table with all of the property owner assignments is linked here: Z:\Economic Development\CID Community Improvement District\Route 9\Copy of Rte 9 CID Progress.xlsx
I intend to call or email all of my property contacts this week to give them an update and new contact information as follows:
· Kerns - Nan Johnston (Mayor, I know you expressed some reservations about the Kerns. I will let you know how my conversation goes this week then you can decide if you would rather refer it to someone else).
· Phillips 66 - Debbie Hopkins
· Carquest - Nan Johnston
· Walgreens - Nan Johnston
· Heritage (Cory Miller) - Mike Kellam
· Mid-Continent Public Library - just need to contact Senior Office Administrator Theresa Johnson when ready to execute petition - email@example.com
The petition and signature pages are complete for the full district, assuming Gomer's stays in. The documents are linked below:
Final Petition and Signature Pages - Z:\Economic Development\CID Community Improvement District\Route 9\petition documents\FINAL PETITION - WITH GOMER'S
Before sending anything to print, I suggest having Stephen double check the following:
1. Confirm owner names for each parcel. We are aware of possible changes for the following properties.
a. Global Orphan Project
2. Confirm acreage and assessed valuation (see yellow highlighted sections in petition). It's unclear when the county will reassess properties, especially QT. It may happen quickly following the grand opening. We just to make sure the petition matches.
3. If there are any changes in names, acreage, or assessed valuation, those need to be copied over on the affected signature page.
The Board of Aldermen will need to give approval for the Mayor to sign on behalf of the City. I plan to prepare that action and add it to the November 1 BOA agenda.
I talked with Melissa about creating user-friendly signature packets for every property that include the petition and supporting materials. Melissa can add ``sign here tabs and make it really easy for the committee members to get the proper paperwork back from property owners. She will be available to assist with notarization as needed. Toni Rizzuti in municipal court is also a notary if Melissa is unavailable.
Packets - Z:\Economic Development\CID Community Improvement District\Route 9\owner meetings\packet materials
If all of the signatures come back and the petition can be submitted on or before Thursday, November 10, 2016, we could stay on schedule to begin collecting revenues in the 3rd quarter (July 1, 2017). I think that is highly unlikely, which pushes everything to the last quarter of 2017 (October 1, 2017). The latest date to get a petition in to start 2017 4th quarter collections is January 31, 2017. That gives the group a nice cushion with the holiday approaching. The schedule with all of the associated steps is linked below. It has formulas built in for each adjustment as the timeline progresses.
Schedule - Z:\Economic Development\CID Community Improvement District\Route 9\Parkville CID Schedule.XLSX
Let me know if you have any questions.
Lauren Palmer, ICMA-CM
City of Parkville
8880 Clark Avenue
Parkville, MO 64152